Anger Management Specialist Certification
“Dedicated to Continued Learning, Growth, and Achievement in Health Care Practice”
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. offers a comprehensive, quality, Certification program for qualified professionals.
ANGER MANAGEMENT BLOG: Please visit our Anger Management interactive web blog. Our blog contains articles, news, events and information related to Anger Management Counseling and Consulting.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE ANGER MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION PROGRAM ARE:
- Provide a high quality program of Certification for professionals and para-professionals practicing as Anger Management Specialists (counselors, consultants, practitioners).
- Develop and support high standards of education and practice requirements for the attainment of certification.
- Provide a mechanism for the ongoing involvement of a peer advisory board of qualified professionals to oversee program development and requirements for certification.
- Provide society with a mechanism to ascertain the appropriate education, skills, knowledge and experience required by those who offer such services.
- Establish quality standards and requirements for the recertification of its credentialed members, attesting to ongoing education and skill attainment in the practice specialty of anger management.
- Provide a comprehensive program of approvals for continuing education, seminars, offerings, independent study, and other related educational activities, to ensure high quality standards are met and that such programs are of value to those practicing anger management consulting.
Certified Anger Management Specialist- requires attainment and/or verification of the following certification criteria:
- Completion of an official, established education program to prepare candidates for the practice of Anger Management counseling/consulting. Candidates for the Certification must successfully complete the continuing education program endorsed by The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. Completion of the required education courses qualifies the educational component necessary to apply for Certification. This program consists of 245 contact hours of continuing education. See Full Program: Access here.
2. Prerequisite for all Applicants for Certification: applicants/candidates for certification must meet one of the following prerequisites to enter the program: is a licensed health care professional with a current and active license to practice, holds at a minimum an undergraduate degree in any of the following areas; psychology, counseling psychology, human services, sociology, religious studies, behavioral health, social services, crisis intervention, expressive art therapy, grief/bereavement, hypnotherapy, public health, holistic health, health coaching, or a similar related health care practice field. If you have any questions regarding qualifications to enter this program, please contact us. (email@example.com)
CERTIFICATION- IDENTIFICATION & CREDENTIALS
Those applicants who become certified by the AIHCP as an Anger Management Specialist may use the initials/credential AMS-C, after their names:
“Certified Anger Management Specialist”
All certifications shall be for a period of 4 years from the date of the initial certification.
We have a dedicated page that provides a quick over-view of our certification process. It will provide you with good information about the process/phases of both the education courses and application for certification. Click here to access.
Certified members may receive recertification at the expiration of their four year term by:
- Obtaining 50 or more hours of continuing education within the four year period of certification and meeting practice hour requirements. Access here for full information: Criteria for Recertification
Those applicants who have successfully achieved certification or recertification receive a large size official Certificate attesting to certification, as well as an official letter of notification. The certificate is suitable for framing and details the official professional certification title, initials that may be used, and time frames for certification. Those recertifying receive a new, updated certificate. Wallet size identification cards of certification are also presented.
- The certification fee for the Anger Management Specialist is $ 200.00 for the four year term of certification. Payment in full is due at the time of application for certification. Applications will not be accepted unless the candidate has successfully completed all of the CE courses curriculum as defined for the certification and demonstrates a prerequisite to certification. Completed applications must be mailed in with full payment to be considered for certification. The Application is available on this website.
- Application for Recertification is $ 200.00 for the next four year period. This is a one-time payment and is required in full at the time of application for recertification. A completed application must accompany the payment.
- Major credit cards are accepted. Check and money orders are to be payable to: The American Institute of Healthcare Professionals or AIHCP.
EDUCATION PROGRAMS FOR RECERTIFICATION
Applicants may obtain education hours by completion of any type of formal program in specifically related to Anger Management. Such programs include:
- University/College Programs and Courses
- Continuing Education Courses
- Distance Learning Programs
- Self-Study Programs
- Courses offered by Professional Associations
The AIHCP reserves the right to approve all such courses for consideration toward Recertification and Fellowship. For any courses to be considered, applicants must submit copies of all certificates of completion or transcripts verifying completion. Applicants who are using their degrees to meet partial fulfillment of the education requirements for Recertification or Fellowship must have official transcripts submitted from their University or College, directly to the AIHCP.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals provides a “Fellowship Program” for its certified members in Anger Management Counseling/Consulting. Access Information.