The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. Offers Comprehensive Fellowship Programs for It’s Qualified Professional Members.
ACHIEVING FELLOWSHIP STATUS
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. provides for a “Fellowship” status for Certified members, for the following Professional Divisions:
Legal Nurse Consulting
Child & Adolescent Grief Counseling
Pet Loss Grief Recovery
Crisis Intervention Counseling
Health Care Life Coach
Holistic-Integrative Health Care Specialist
Forensic Nursing Practice
Health Care Life Coaching
Christian Spiritual Counseling
Anger Management Specialist
EFT/Meridian Tapping Specialist
Attention Deficit Consulting
Substance Abuse Counseling
Our Grief Counseling Fellowship Program is an established curriculum of continuing education courses that is available to those who have achieved Certification in Grief Counseling. You may access the Grief Counseling Fellowship Curriculum here.
Our Case Management Fellowship Program is an established curriculum of continuing education courses that is available to those who qualify for entry by meeting one of the established pre-requisites. You may access more information about the Case Management Fellowship Program here.
Fellowship is granted following the successful completion of all requirements as defined by the AIHCP. Fellowship status is considered the highest form of professional recognition by a certification body, and attests to the Fellow’s ongoing commitment to knowledge attainment, skill, and practice experience in a specialty practice.
Those who achieve Fellowship status are deemed a “Fellow in the American Institute of Health Care Professionals” in their respected Professional Certification division.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADVANCEMENT TO FELLOWSHIP
- Requires a minimum of three years in certification as certified member in one of the above practice divisions.
- Applicants for Fellowship shall be required to successfully complete the following requirements: Evidence of attainment of 250 hours of continuing education and acquired over a 6 year period from the date of application for Fellowship. Hours of education used for initial certification are not eligible for use in the 250 hour requirement for Fellowship. The American Institute of Health Care Professionals reserves the right to approve each of the submitted evidence of educational offerings. Education offerings include the following: college level courses, seminar presentations, online courses/webinars/seminars, distance education courses. For CE courses to be applicable the candidate must have received a course certificate of successful completion that includes the course title, the person or organization that offered the course, the date of completion and the number of CE contact hours awarded. Being a Seminar/Course Faculty presenter also counts toward hours for Fellowship status. Presenters/Faculty may only use the hours one time per presentation/course that they present/instruct.
- Of the 250 hours required to receive the Fellowship Status, 150 CE hours must be related to your Certification Practice Specialty. The remaining 100 CE hours may be related to your licensed health care practice or professional health care outside of your certification specialty.
- Attainment of the 250 CE hours for Fellowship Status must have been achieved within a 6 year period from the date of your original Certification date or a within the date of your Recertification status in your Specialty practice.
- Questions should be addressed to AIHCP directly at: email@example.com
Those certified applicants who successfully complete the Fellowship requirements shall be designated:
“Fellow in the American Academy of Grief Counselors”
And may use the initials : FAAGC
“Fellow in the American College of Legal Nurse Consulting
And may use the initials: FACLNC
“Fellow in the American College of Hypnotherapy”
And may use the initials: FACH
All Fellows in all of the Other Certification Specialties :
“Fellow in the American Institute of Health Care Professionals in (Specialty Practice will be defined)
And may use the intitals: FAIHCP
Certified members who receive a Fellowship may use their original initials from their practice specialty certification along with their new Fellowship Status initials.
- Fellowship Status shall be for a period of four (4) years.
- Fellows in the AIHCP will receive a new Certificate of Fellowship and Verification Documents by postal mail.
- Once you are a Fellow in the AIHCP, Inc. your Fellowship will be paired with your Specialty Practice Certification.
- The cost of Fellowship application and processing is a one-time fee of $200.00. Recertification of your Fellowship status is then included with Recertification of your original Certification in your Specialty Practice with the AIHCP, Inc., at the regular Recertification fee. As long as you continue to keep your Certification status active, your Fellowship in the AIHCP will remain active as well.
- The number of CE contact hours to renew your Fellowship status will remain the same for renewing your current practice specialty certification, along with the required clinical practice requirements.
- Please note that the options for a thesis/project to achieve a Fellowship status have been discontinued effective 2018.
- Fellowships in the American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. (AIHCP) are only open to those who hold an active Certification in one of the health care practice specialties of the AIHCP, Inc.