Certified Specialist in Nursing Management
“Dedicated to Continued Learning, Growth, and Achievement in Health Care Practice”
- Request Information
- Certification Program: Courses and Prices
- Online Application
- Code of Ethics for Certified Members
- Re-certification Criteria
- Continuing Education for Recertification
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Online Resource Board
- Call for Course Authors/Instructors
- Blog: Health Care Manager
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. offers a comprehensive, quality, Certification and Continuing Education program for qualified Registered Nurses in Nursing Management. Our Certification program is designed for Registered Nurses who desire to learn and add knowledge, skills and an achieved credential in Nursing Management, as a Certified Specialist. Our program was developed specifically for front- line managers as well as those in department director positions who desire the knowledge and skills to effectively manage human and other resources in today’s challenging and every changing health care environments. The achieved credential helps to provide for greater competitiveness in the management job market in health care as well. Note: This program is not designed for those in Executive positions. For those in Executive Positions The American Nurses Credentialing Center offers a full credentialing program for Nurse Executives: view here.
Objectives of the Nursing Management Certification Program are:
- Provide a high quality program of Certification for Registered Nurses aspiring to add to their practices knowledge and skills sets in Nursing Management.
- Develop and support high standards of education and practice requirements for the attainment of certification in Nursing Management.
- Provide a mechanism for the ongoing involvement of a peer advisory board of qualified professionals to oversee program development and requirements for certification.
- Provide society with a mechanism to ascertain the appropriate education, skills, knowledge and experience required by those who offer such services.
- Establish quality standards and requirements for the re-certification of its credentialed members, attesting to ongoing education and skill attainment in the practice specialty of Nursing Management at the front/line, supervisory level or department director level.
- Provide a comprehensive program of approvals for continuing education, seminars, offerings, independent study, and other related educational activities, to ensure high quality standards are met and that such programs are of value to those in clinical health care positions who also aspire to learn and grow in management and leadership knowledge and skills in nursing management.
Certified Specialist in Nursing Management – requires attainment and/or verification of one of the following certification criteria:
- Completion of an official, established education program to prepare the candidate for the practice of a Certified Nursing Management Specialist. Candidates for the Certification must successfully complete the continuing education program endorsed by The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. Completion of the required education courses qualifies the educational component necessary to apply for Certification. This program consists of 270 contact hours of continuing education. See Full Program: access here.
- Requisite for all Applicants for Certification: applicants/candidates for certification must be a Registered Nurse in the United States, or may be a Registered Nurse with residence outside of the United States as long as they hold a license that is equivalent to a Registered Nurse in the USA.
- If you would like to find out if you meet the qualifications for this certification program. Please submit an Inquiry Form at the following link: Access Here.
Additional Certification Conferral
Additional Certification Credential for Registered Nurses
Registered Nurses who complete the entire curriculum of CE courses, 270 contact hours of education, will also receive, at the time of their Certification, an additional Certification Award: Certification as a Certified Health Care Manager by the American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc.