Certified Specialist in Nursing Management
“Dedicated to Continued Learning, Growth, and Achievement in Health Care Practice”
- Request Information
- Certification Program: Courses and Prices
- Online Application
- Code of Ethics for Certified Members
- Re-certification Criteria
- Continuing Education for Recertification
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Online Resource Board
- Call for Course Authors/Instructors
- Blog: Health Care Manager
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. offers a comprehensive, quality, Certification and Continuing Education program for qualified Registered Nurses in Nursing Management. Our Certification program is designed for Registered Nurses who desire to learn and add knowledge, skills and an achieved credential in Nursing Management, as a Certified Specialist. Our program was developed specifically for front- line managers as well as those in department director positions who desire the knowledge and skills to effectively manage human and other resources in today’s challenging and every changing health care environments. The achieved credential helps to provide for greater competitiveness in the management job market in health care as well. Note: This program is not designed for those in Executive positions. For those in Executive Positions The American Nurses Credentialing Center offers a full credentialing program for Nurse Executives: view here.
Objectives of the Nursing Management Certification Program are:
- Provide a high quality program of Certification for Registered Nurses aspiring to add to their practices knowledge and skills sets in Nursing Management.
- Develop and support high standards of education and practice requirements for the attainment of certification in Nursing Management.
- Provide a mechanism for the ongoing involvement of a peer advisory board of qualified professionals to oversee program development and requirements for certification.
- Provide society with a mechanism to ascertain the appropriate education, skills, knowledge and experience required by those who offer such services.
- Establish quality standards and requirements for the re-certification of its credentialed members, attesting to ongoing education and skill attainment in the practice specialty of Nursing Management at the front/line, supervisory level or department director level.
- Provide a comprehensive program of approvals for continuing education, seminars, offerings, independent study, and other related educational activities, to ensure high quality standards are met and that such programs are of value to those in clinical health care positions who also aspire to learn and grow in management and leadership knowledge and skills in nursing management.
Certified Specialist in Nursing Management – requires attainment and/or verification of one of the following certification criteria:
- Completion of an official, established education program to prepare the candidate for the practice of a Certified Nursing Management Specialist. Candidates for the Certification must successfully complete the continuing education program endorsed by The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. Completion of the required education courses qualifies the educational component necessary to apply for Certification. This program consists of 270 contact hours of continuing education. See Full Program: access here.
- Requisite for all Applicants for Certification: applicants/candidates for certification must be a Registered Nurse in the United States, or may be a Registered Nurse with residence outside of the United States as long as they hold a license that is equivalent to a Registered Nurse in the USA.
- If you would like to find out if you meet the qualifications for this certification program. Please submit an Inquiry Form at the following link: Access Here.
Additional Certification Conferral
Additional Certification Credential for Registered Nurses
Registered Nurses who complete the entire curriculum of CE courses, 270 contact hours of education, will also receive, at the time of their Certification, an additional Certification Award: Certification as a Certified Health Care Manager by the American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. See program Information
Certification – Identification & Credentials
Those Registered Nurses who complete the Nursing Management CE courses curriculum and become Certified in Nursing Management, may use these additional initials/credentials, NM-CSp, after their names, and may use the title: “Certified Specialist in Nursing Management.”
Furthermore, those Registered Nurses will receive the Additional Certification, and become certified by the AIHCP in the Health Care Manager Certification program and may use the initials/credential HCM-C, after their names, and may use the title: “Certified Health Care Manager”
All certifications shall be for a period of 4 years from the date that the initial certification.
The Certification Process
We have a dedicated page that provides a quick over-view of our certification process. It will provide you with good information about the process/phases of both the education courses and application for certification. Click here to access.
Certified members may receive re-certification at the expiration of their four year term by:
- Obtaining 50 or more hours of continuing education within the four year period of certification. Click here to view the Criteria for Re-Certification.
Those applicants who have successfully achieved certification, or re-certification receive a large size official Certificate attesting to certification, as well as an official letter of notification. The certificate is suitable for framing and details the official professional certification title, initials that may be used, and time frames for certification. Those re-certifying receive a new, updated certificate. Wallet size identification cards of certification are also presented.
- The certification fee is $200.00 for the four year term of certification. Payment in full is due at the time of application. If an applicant does not meet certification criteria, the application fee is refunded. A completed application must be mailed in to the with full payment to be considered for certification. Application is available on this website. For those RN’s who achieve the dual certification, the Certification fee for the dual Certification is $ 200.00, and is inclusive for both Certifications.
- Application for re-certification is $200.00 for the next four year period. This is a one time payment and is required in full at the time of application for re-certification. A completed application must accompany the payment.
- Major credit cards are accepted. Check and money orders are to be payable to: The American Institute of Healthcare Professionals.
Education Programs for Re-Certification
Applicants may obtain education hours by completion of any type of formal program in specifically related to Health Care Management/Leadership. Such programs include:
- University/College Programs and Courses
- Continuing Education Courses
- Distance Learning Programs
- Self-Study Programs
- Courses offered by Professional Associations
The AIHCP reserves the right to approve all such courses for consideration toward certification and fellowship. For any courses to be considered, applicants must submit copies of all certificates of completion or transcripts verifying completion. Applicants who are using their degrees to meet partial fulfillment of the education requirements for certification must have official transcripts submitted from their University or College, directly to the AIHCP.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, provides a “Fellowship Program” for its certified members in the Nursing Management Certification Specialist Program: Access Information
Click here for the online application. Please print application and postal mail.
Click here for our Policies.
Click here to request more information.
Click here to contact AIHCP, INC.