Certification Program For Nurses
Online Resource Board
HOLISTIC NURSING AND INTEGRATIVE HEALTH CARE BLOG: Please visit our Holistic Nursing interactive web blog. Our blog contains articles, news, events and information related the Holistic Nursing field.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. offers a comprehensive, quality, Certification program for Registered Nurses, including Advance Practice Nurses. Become a holistic nurse practitioner through our online holistic nursing courses. This certification focuses on the validation of the attainment of advanced continuing education related to holistic and integrative health care practice, including complimentary/alternative health care.
OBJECTIVES OF THE HOLISTIC-INTEGRATIVE HEALTH CARE SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION PROGRAM ARE:
- Provide a high quality program of Certification for registered nurses and advance practice nurses practicing in the specialty or adding to their specialty practice, holistic-integrative care, complimentary care and treatment modalities.
- Develop and support high standards of education and practice requirements for the attainment of certification.
- Provide a mechanism for the ongoing involvement of a peer advisory board of qualified professionals to oversee program development and requirements for certification.
- Provide society with a mechanism to ascertain the appropriate education, skills, knowledge and experience required by professionals who offer such services.
- Establish quality standards and requirements for the recertification of its credentialed members, attesting to ongoing education and skill attainment in the practice specialty of holistic-integrative health care.
- Provide a comprehensive program of approvals for continuing education, seminars, offerings, independent study, and other related educational activities, to ensure high quality standards are met and that such programs are of value to professionals practicing holistic-integrative health care.
Certified Specialist in Holistic & Integrative Health Care- requires attainment of the following certification criteria:
- Completion of an official, established education program to prepare Registered Nurses for the practice of Holistic & Integrative Health Care.Candidates for the Certification must successfully complete the continuing education program endorsed by The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. Completion of the required education courses qualifies the educational component necessary to apply for Certification. This program consists of 250 contact hours of continuing education. See Full Program: Access here
- Requisite for all Applicants for Certification: in addition to meeting the educational criteria as provided above, applicants for Certification must hold a current/valid license to practice professional nursing.
In the near future, this program will expand to include specific continuing education curriculums for other licensed Health Care Professionals who are not RNs. Information on these programs will be forthcoming.
In addition, the AIHCP will be developing several “sub-specialty” programs for its members who are certified as Holistic & Integrative Health Care Specialists, in certain complimentary and alternative care specialties.
CERTIFICATION- IDENTIFICATION & CREDENTIALS
Those applicants who become certified by the AIHCP in Holistic & Integrative Health Care may use the initials/credential HIHC-CSp., after their names:
“Certified Specialist in Holistic & Integrative Health Care”
THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS:
We have a dedicated page that provides a quick over-view of our certification process. It will provide you with good information about the process/phases of both the education courses and application for certification. To access: click here
All certifications shall be for a period of 4 years from the date that the initial certification.
Disclaimer: this program is not associated with the American Holistic Nurses Association, and is not associated with the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation.
Certified members may receive recertification at the expiration of their four year term by:
- Obtaining 50 or more hours of continuing education within the four year period of certification. Click here: Criteria for Recertification
Those applicants who have successfully achieved certification, or recertification receive a large size official Certificate attesting to certification, as well as an official letter of notification. The certificate is suitable for framing and details the official professional certification title, initials that may be used, and time frames for certification. Those recertifying receive a new, updated certificate. Wallet size identification cards of certification are also presented.
- The certification fee for the Holistic & Integrative Health Care Specialist is $ 200.00 for the four year term of certification. Payment in full is due at the time of application. If an applicant does not meet certification criteria, the application fee is refunded. A completed application must be mailed in to the with full payment to be considered for certification. Application is available on this website.
- Application for Recertification is $ 200.00 for the next four year period. This is a one-time payment and is required in full at the time of application for recertification. A completed application must accompany the payment.
- Major credit cards are accepted. Check and money orders are to be payable to: The American Institute of Healthcare Professionals.
EDUCATION PROGRAMS FOR RECERTIFICATION
Applicants may obtain education hours by completion of any type of formal program in specifically related to Holistic & Integrative Health Care Practice. Such programs include:
- University/College Programs and Courses
- Continuing Education Courses
- Distance Learning Programs
- Self-Study Programs
- Courses offered by Professional Associations
The AIHCP reserves the right to approve all such courses for consideration toward re-certification. For any courses to be considered, applicants must submit copies of all certificates of completion or transcripts verifying completion. Applicants who are using their degrees to meet partial fulfillment of the education requirements for certification must have official transcripts submitted from their University or College, directly to the AIHCP.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, provides a “Fellowship Program” for its certified members in Holistic & Integrative Health Care. Access Information.
Click here for the online application. Please print application and postal mail.