The American College of Legal Nurse Consulting
Legal Nurse Consulting CE Courses Program
Information: Those aspiring to achieve certification status in Legal nurse consulting practice as conferred by the American College of Legal Nurse Consulting, may enroll into the courses defined below.
Course Fees: Below are listed the required courses for this curriculum. At the end of each course description you will find the course cost listed. All textbooks and learning materials are separate and not included in the course cost.
The following CE courses have provider approvals: The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc. is an Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the Florida State Board of Nursing and the District of Columbia Board of Nursing. CE Provider # 50-11975 and is a licensed Continuing Education Provider in the State of California, Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP 15595. For additional information please access here.
Legal Nurse Consulting Theory & Practice I
This course is the foundational course for the Legal Nurse Consulting program and provides a comprehensive learning program for the current principles and practices of Legal Nurse Consulting today. This course examines issues of health care and nursing law, as well as the judicial system. This course utilizes the most current and authoritative textbook in the specialty of legal nurse consulting and presents all facets of the practice. You receive comprehensive education in the professional practice of consulting, as well as appropriate health care and nursing law. Continuation of the study of legal nurse consulting continues in the other three track courses for this specialty. Requirement for this course is current state licensure/registration as a Registered Nurse.
Course Code: LN 400. Contact hours of education = 45. Course Cost: $250.00.
Legal Nurse Consulting Theory & Practice II
This course is the second foundational course for the Legal Nurse Consulting continuing education program and provides for comprehensive learning of more of the current principles and practices and theories of Legal Nurse Consulting today. Students undertake an in depth study of the role, responsibilities, and practice options of a professional registered nurse practicing legal nurse consulting. Solid foundational principles of nursing law are examined as well as a model of research and practice for the legal nurse. This course provides a major emphasis on various types of cases that legal nurses consult on, including theory, practice and application for consulting.
Course Code: LN 420. Contact hours of continuing education = 45. Course Cost: $250.00.
Legal Nurse Consulting Theory & Practice III
This third course continues in the study of practice and case analysis for legal nurse consulting. The focus is on the responsibilities of the legal nurse consulting related to case consulting, the role of the legal nurse in expert testimony, and the role of the legal nurse in trial and in mediation/arbitration. Legal issues of practice as well as ethics are examined. Students also study practice setting, building and marketing strategies. This course brings all of the knowledge, skill attainment, and theories together in preparation for the fourth case, which focuses on case analysis and report/consulting writing. Preparation for expert testimony is also examined.
Course Code: LN 430. Contact hours of continuing education = 45. Course Cost: $250.00.
Legal Nurse Consulting Process & Application
This final course is pivotal for bringing everything together in the building of a solid knowledge and theory base in legal nurse consulting practice. Students study actual cases and legal nurse consulting reports and learn additional skills related to work product for attorney clients. Effective report writing methodologies are examined. This course culminates in the actual full analysis of cases from the legal nurse consulting viewpoint and work product. Students conduct a real case analysis with full applicability of learned materials from the entire continuing education program of study. This course also provides the knowledge necessary to undertake one more additional and “optional” Continuing education course for those seeking a CE activity in a preceptorship with an attorney, law firm or a practicing legal nurse consultant. More information is provided to enrolled students concerning this option.
Course Code: LN 450. Contact hours of continuing education = 30. Course Cost: $200.00.
Overall Program Objectives:
- To prepare registered nurses to enter the practice of Legal Nurse Consulting with sufficient knowledge for practice at a standard required by the employment market.
- To prepare registered nurses to practice in a variety of practice settings as a legal nurse consultant including; medical and nursing malpractice, expert witness role, toxic torts, product liability, insurance industry, law firms, health care related organizations, and as an entrepreneurial legal nurse consultant.
- To understand and practice legal nurse consulting with regards to high ethics and adherence to standards of practice
- To prepare new legal nurse consultants to increase their body of knowledge related to the practice of legal nurse consulting for personal and career growth.
- To prepare registered nurses and practicing legal nurse consultants to successfully achieve certification.
- To prepare legal nurse consultants to develop their own marketing plans for career and business growth.
- To provide legal nurse consultants with a quality continuing education experience for the practice of legal nurse consulting and for application for certification.
- Interested applicants must be a current, licensed registered nurse in the state or country of current practice.
- All four courses are required to be successfully completed in order to be eligible for Certification status.
- All courses are continuing education courses and are provided in online classrooms via our website. Upon enrollment a unique identification and password is provided for classroom access. The online classrooms provide full syllabi and course information, including the course exams and evaluations. Students must a achieve a minimum score of 70% on the course examination to pass the continuing education courses.
- You may register for one course at a time. Once a student registers for the first course, they have a full two-year period of time to complete all four courses required. The total number of contact hours for the courses is 165 hours of continuing education.
- Upon completion of each course, you will be awarded the corresponding continuing education contact hours and receive the CEU certificate verifying course completion and the award of education credits. Registration may be completed online, by accessing the links below.
- For additional information on the Certification program, click here.
- To access additional Information click here.