ANGER MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc., offers a full Continuing Education program of online courses for qualified candidates seeking certification as a Certified Anger Management Specialist.
Upon completion of the five (5) courses detailed below, applicants are eligible to apply for and receive certification as a Certified Anger Management Specialist.
Anger Management Specialists integrate knowledge and skills into their professional practices with emphasis on client counseling, teaching and consulting.
Each course is provided for in a dedicated online classroom. The courses are designed as independent study/continuing education courses, with one-to-one faculty mentoring. There is open enrollment and students may register and begin the education program at anytime.
CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
Below are listed the required courses for this curriculum. At the end of each course description you will find the course cost listed.
The following CE Courses have provider approvals: The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc. is a licensed Continuing Education Provider in the State of California, Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP 15595.
1. ANGER MANAGEMENT: CONCEPTS & THEORIES
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the theories and concept of anger and its effective management. The authors of the course textbook are distinguished researchers, teachers and practitioners in the field of anger management, and their book offers a detailed, research-based and empirically validated “anger episode model.” This indispensable resource for human service professionals emphasizes how to help clients understand, manage, and prevent unhealthy anger. Students will study methodologies for teaching and working with clients to enhance their life skills, increase problem solving and change their responses to anger. Students will achieve a comprehensive and solid understanding of the theories and concepts of anger and will acquire a comprehensive skill set of anger management strategies/interventions for clinical practice. This course has accompanying power point lectures. You must have MS Power Point software to access the lectures. Contact hours of continuing education = 65. Course Code: AM 500. Course Cost: $ 200.00
2. DEALING WITH CHILD ANGER
This course provides a comprehensive look at angry children, their behaviors and how to best confront and deal effectively with the anger. Students will study and gain deeper understandings of the concepts and theories related to child anger and the behaviors of the explosive child. Models for accurate assessment are examined. Students will examine models of treatment management that will highly increase their skill levels and knowledge related to working with angry children. Students will examine methods for coaching parents to work with angry children at home. Conventional behavioral management treat models are explored in-depth. Models of motivation in working with children are examined as well. This course has accompanying power point lectures. You must have MS Power Point software to access the lectures. Contact hours of continuing education = 45. Course Code: AM 510. Course Cost = $175.00
3. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND ANGER MANAGEMENT
This course focuses on the issues of anger that are common in cases of domestic violence. Students will examine what constitutes domestic violence and will learn strategies to help clients confront their anger appropriately. Various types of rage will be examined. Strategies and a model for working with groups of clients will be studied. Also examined will be the Anger Wheel model and how to assess and use it in developing strategies for dealing with anger. Issues that children suffer in cases of domestic violence, including child anger are presented. The student will also learn the common profiles of those who remain in abusive relationships. Contact hours of Education: 45. Course Code: AM 520. Course Cost: $ 175.00
4. ANGER IN THE WORKPLACE
This course focuses on issues stemming from Anger in the Workplace and Workplace Violence. Probably the most common perception of workplace violence centers on shootings perpetrated by one employee on another or on managers. Obviously, such incidents do occur, and they are newsworthy. Not all workplace violence results in murder, however, Braverman notes that many of the deaths that occur in workplaces are perpetrated not by employees on other employees, but rather by outside criminals intent on assault or robbery. No reliable statistics are available for other forms of violence in the workplace, such as verbal abuse or veiled threats. Contact hours of Education: 45. Course Code: AM 530. Course Cost: $ 175.00
5. EFFECTIVE TECHNIQUES IN ANGER MANAGEMENT
This course is the final course in the Anger Management Specialist Certification /Education program. This course provides a comprehensive culmination of the most effective techniques used in anger management interventions. Many tools and techniques are examined and provides the learner a chance to more fully actualize anger management theory. A comprehensive textbook as well as a video on tools and techniques are examined. Students will come away from this course with a much stronger knowledge base of effective tools that can be used in work with clients. Contact hours of Education: 45. Course Code: AM 540. Course Cost: $ 175.00
- Pre-requisite to enrolling in the continuing education program: applicants/candidates for certification must meet one of the following prerequisites to enter the program: is a licensed health care professional with a current and active license to practice, holds at a minimum an undergraduate degree in any of the following areas; psychology, counseling psychology, human services, sociology, religious studies, behavioral health, social services, crisis intervention, expressive art therapy, grief/bereavement, hypnotherapy, public health, holistic health, health coaching, or a similar related health care practice field. If you have any questions regarding qualifications to enter this program, please contact us.
- All courses are continuing education courses and are provided in online classrooms via our website. Upon enrollment a unique identification and password is provided for classroom access. The online classrooms provide full syllabi and course information, including the course exams and evaluations. Students must achieve a minimum score of 70% on the course examination to pass the continuing education courses.
- Participants are given two (2) years from the date of enrollment into the first course, to complete the entire program of five (5) continuing education courses.
- Upon completion of each course, you will be awarded the corresponding continuing education contact hours and receive the CE certificate verifying course completion and the award of education credits. Registration may be completed online, by accessing the links below.
- Participants must complete the entire 150 contact hours of education to be eligible to apply for certification. For information on the Anger Management Certification program, access this link
- The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. is a licensed Continuing Education Provider in the State of California, Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP 15595. Access info