Christian metaphysics is an essential element to Christian doctrine. The dualistic nature of a temporal reality and a supernatural reality however is forever interwoven. Hence it is important for a Christian counselor to have a sound practical and theological understanding of the supernatural element of the human person. Within this falls a broad range of topics. This includes the spiritual charisms of the Holy Spirit that range from gifts of discernment to spiritual care of the soul. In addition to this, it involves an exploration of the angelic realm, both good and bad, and an understanding of humanity’s eschatological ends. This course hopes to sharpen “spiritual senses” in counseling with a better understanding of Christian metaphysical concepts and Christian based interaction with the supernatural realm.
Course Code: SC 590
Contact hours of continuing education = 50
Prerequisites: you must have successfully completed SC 570 and SC 580, before you may enroll into this CE course.
Instructor/Course Author: Mark Moran, M.A.
Link to Resume: Resume
TEXTBOOKS: There is one (1) required textbook for this course.
The School of the Seers: A Practical Guide on How to See the Unseen by Jonathan Welton. Destiny Images Publishers Inc., 2009. ISBN: 0-7684-3101-8
Link to Purchase on Amazon.com: click here
There are additional readings by Mark Moran, which are required for this course. These are provided to students who are enrolled.
TIME FRAME: You are allotted two years from the date of enrollment, to complete this course. There are no set time-frames, other than the two year allotted time. If you do not complete the course within the two-year time-frame, you will be removed from the course and an “incomplete” will be recorded for you in our records. Also, if you would like to complete the course after this two-year expiration time, you would need to register and pay the course tuition fee again.
GRADING: You must achieve a passing score of at least 70% to complete this course and receive the 50 hours of awarded continuing education credit. There are no letter grades assigned. You will receive notice of your total % score. Those who score below the minimum of 70% will be contacted by AIHCP and will be permitted one more attempt to retake the online examination.
BOARD APPROVALS: The American Institute of Health Care Professionals (The Provider) is approved by the California Board of Registered Nurses, Provider number # CEP 15595 for 50 Contact Hours. Access information
The following CE Courses have provider approvals: The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. is an Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the Florida State Board of Nursing Provider # 50-11975.
OTHER STATE BOARDS OF NURSING
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the Arkansas Board of Nursing. CE Provider # 50-11975.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the Georgia Board of Nursing. CE Provider # 50-11975.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the South Carolina Board of Nursing. CE Provider # 50-11975.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Professional Registered Nurses. CE Provider # 50-11975.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the Kentucky Board of Nursing CE Provider # 50-11975.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the New Mexico Board of Nursing. CE Provider # 50-11975.
Course Refund & AIHCP Policies: access here
ONLINE CLASSROOM RESOURCES AND TOOLS
- Examination Access: there is link to take you right to the online examination program where you can print out your examination and work with it. All examinations are formatted as “open book” tests. When you are ready, you can access the exam program at anytime and click in your responses to the questions. Full information is provided in the online classrooms.
- Student Resource Center: there is a link for access to a web page “Student Resource Center.” The Resource Center provides for easy access to all of our policies/procedures and additional information regarding applying for certification. We also have many links to many outside reference sites, such as online libraries that you may freely access.
- Online Evaluation: there is a link in the classroom where you may access the course evaluation. All students completing a course, must, without exception, complete the course evaluation.
- Faculty Access Information: you will have access to your instructor’s online resume/biography, as well as your instructor’s specific contact information.
- Additional Learning Materials: some faculty have prepared additional “readings” and /or brief lecture notes to enhance your experience. All of these are available in the online classrooms.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- To understand the relevance of Christian Metaphysical topics in Christian Counseling
- To apply these concepts in future counseling segments
- To be able to identify the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit
- To be able to discern spirits
- To identify obstacles to discernment
- To compare and contrast a seer and prophet
- To explain the difference between angelic nature and human nature
- To utilize better Biblical meditative techniques
- To be better prepared for spiritual warfare in counseling
- To enhance one’s own spiritual life
A brief abstract of content:
- The Mantle of Fire and Water
- The Spiritual Senses
- We Can All See
- Prophets and Seers
- The Unseen Realm
- Questions About the Angelic Realm
- Discerning Spirits
- Hindrances to Discernment
- The Force of Love
- Healing Spiritual Blindness
- Four Keys to Increasing Faith
- Biblical Meditation
- Worship in Spirit and Truth
- Entrusted with Secrets
- From Glory to Glory
- Metaphysical Concepts
- The Holy Spirit and Counseling
- Angelic Nature