This online continuing education course is designed for certified spiritual counselors. This is a comprehensive course that details excellent interpretation and life applications of the principles in a “Course in Miracles.” The accompanying text book is one of the best interpretive works on the “course” available today. This course is focused on a spiritual psychotherapy content and presents further learning regarding the core principles in modern spirituality and practice today. Students will learn more about the Course in Miracles and develop insight into its study benefits as a path of transformation.
Spiritual Counselors will be able to utilize life adaptation principles learned to assist clients in their own spiritual development and transformations. Students will gain a more in-depth appreciation of a Course in Miracles and its inherent usefulness in spiritual counseling practice.
Course Code: SC 400
Contact hours of continuing education = 50.
Instructor/Course Author: Dominick L. Flarey, Ph.D, RN,BC, GC-C, SC-C
Link to Resume: Resume
TEXTBOOKS: There is one (1) required textbook for this course.
Path of Light: Stepping into Peace with a Course in Miracles. By: Robert Perry. West Sedona;Circle Publishing:2004. ISBN # 1-886602-23-9
Link to Purchase Directly from Publisher: click here
TIME FRAME: You are allotted two years from the date of enrollment, to complete this course. There are no set time-frames, other than the two year allotted time. If you do not complete the course within the two-year time-frame, you will be removed from the course and an “incomplete” will be recorded for you in our records. Also, if you would like to complete the course after this two-year expiration time, you would need to register and pay the course tuition fee again.
GRADING: You must achieve a passing score of at least 70% to complete this course and receive the 50 hours of awarded continuing education credit. There are no letter grades assigned. You will receive notice of your total % score. Those who score below the minimum of 70% will be contacted by AIHCP and will be permitted one more attempt to retake the online examination.
BOARD APPROVALS: The American Institute of Health Care Professionals (The Provider) is approved by the California Board of Registered Nurses, Provider number # CEP 15595 for 50 Contact Hours. Access information
Course Refund & AIHCP Policies: access here
ONLINE CLASSROOM RESOURCES AND TOOLS
- Examination Access: there is link to take you right to the online examination program where you can print out your examination and work with it. All examinations are formatted as “open book” tests. When you are ready, you can access the exam program at anytime and click in your responses to the questions. Full information is provided in the online classrooms.
- Student Resource Center: there is a link for access to a web page “Student Resource Center.” The Resource Center provides for easy access to all of our policies/procedures and additional information regarding applying for certification. We also have many links to many outside reference sites, such as online libraries that you may freely access.
- Online Evaluation: there is a link in the classroom where you may access the course evaluation. All students completing a course, must, without exception, complete the course evaluation.
- Faculty Access Information: you will have access to your instructor’s online resume/biography, as well as your instructor’s specific contact information.
- Additional Learning Materials: some faculty have prepared additional “readings” and /or brief lecture notes to enhance your experience. All of these are available in the online classrooms.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define and discuss “A Course in Miracles.”
- Identify and define how a Course in Miracles is aligned with great spiritual traditions.
- Discuss a Course in Miracles as a spiritual path.
- Discuss the genesis of a Course in Miracles.
- To find the basic fundamental teachings and principles of the “course.”
- Define who authored a Course in Miracles and how it was received.
- Discuss the similarities of the course related to familiar biblical patterns.
- To find essential teaching of the course.
- Define and discuss the ways that a course in miracles is looked at today and its potential’s for teaching and transformation.
- Discuss the concepts of “innocence” and “victim.”
- Understand the concept of “ego.”
- Discuss the course’s teaching on “special” relationships.
- Define and discuss the concepts of guilt.
- Identify and discuss the six levels of the mind as taught by a course in miracles.
- Define and discuss the concept of reality.
- Define and discuss the concept of the illusion.
- Understand and discuss how the concept of GOD is presented in the course.
- Define the course’s concept of the teaching on the “SON.”
- Discuss the course’s teaching on “Heaven.”
- Understand the course’s teaching on the separation and the making of the world.
- Identify and discuss the concept of heaven and the separation as detailed by the course.
- Discuss the teaching of “true perception.”
- Discuss the “Holy Spirit” as taught in a course in miracles.
- Define the mechanisms of perception.
- Discuss the concept of the perception of sin in the world.
- Understand and discuss the concept of forgiveness as taught by the course.
- Define justifications for forgiveness.
- Identify practices related to forgiveness.
- Discuss transformation in the interaction with others.
- Discuss a course in miracles as a program for spiritual transformation.
- Identify and discuss the three major parts of the program, a course in miracles.
- Discuss ways in which the course in miracles should be read and studied.
- Define how an experienced student should read the course.
- Define and discuss the basic course terms.
- Discuss how course content is interwoven with connections to preceding passages.
- Discuss the importance of application in the courses language.
- Define what it means to “take it personally,” when studying a course in miracles.
- Define what is meant by “practice” with a course in miracles.
- Discuss the concept of practice and spiritual development.
- Define practice saves in support for his study of a course in miracles.
- Discuss what it means to graduate from the workbook.
- Define and discuss the concept of “extension,” related to a course in miracles.
- Discuss the concept of the final phase of our own development.
- Identify and understand the use of the manual for teachers in a course in miracles.
- Identify how one becomes a “teacher” of a course in miracles.
- Discuss the concept of healer as it relates to a course in miracles.
- Identify issues around lifelong learning and spiritual transformation.
- Identify and discuss the core promises of a course in miracles.
A brief abstract of content:
- The genesis of a Course in Miracles
- What he is a Course in Miracles?
- Total spiritual awakening
- Special relationships and holy relationships
- Authorship of a Course in Miracles
- Biblical pattern related to a course in miracles.
- The unlearning of everything the world has taught
- Communication from Jesus Christ
- A new system of psychology
- Eastern spirituality
- Interpersonal healing and harmony
- Foundations of teaching and core philosophies
- Problems in life
- The ego
- Special relationships
- Sin and the ego
- Guilt and human suffering.
- The levels of the mind
- Origin of the problem
- Reality and illusion
- The Son
- The Separation and the Making of the World
- Dimensions of Time and Space
- Man and Separation
- Heaven and the Separation
- True Perception or Vision
- The Holy Spirit
- The mechanisms of perception
- Perception of sin
- Justifications for forgiveness
- The practice of forgiveness
- Interacting with others
- Studying the text of a course in miracles
- The manual for teachers
- The workbook for students
- Reading of the text
- Interpretation of the text
- Observations from a course in miracles
- Application of the courses language
- Reconstructing our worldview
- The practice of salvation
- Practice aids and support
- Prayer and meditation
- The manual for teachers
- Extension of the course
- Living the course in miracles and continuing on the path
- The promise of a course in miracles