This is the sixth and final CE course in the Meditation Instructor education and certification program. This course presents continued theory and practice in many different techniques and forms of meditation practice. Students will study meditation as it relates to great mind concentration, mental health and spiritual development and evolution. Mindfulness meditation is presented as well as the following practice theories; concentration meditation, reflective meditation, creative meditation, heart-centered meditation and the practice of dedication. Within each of these presented strategies, students will study many different techniques that can be used in teaching clients meditation. Many spiritual practices are presented and student have the opportunity to continue to learn meditation techniques. Yoga meditation practices are also studied. Resources for continued learning and practice are provided. Course Code: MED 390. Contact hours of Education = 30.
Prerequisites: students must have successfully completed; Meditation courses 300 through and including MED 380, to register for this course.
This course is particularly designed for those who would like to apply for Certification as a Certified Meditation Instructor by the American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc,.
This is a guided, independent study CE Course. You are to study and progress at your own rate. There are no written assignments. It is recommended that you follow this process for completing the course:
Instructor/Course Author: Dominick L. Flarey, Ph.D, MBA, RN,BC, CH-C,FACHE
Link to Resume
TIME FRAME: You are allotted two years from the date of enrollment, to complete all of the courses in this program. There are no set time-frames, other than the two year allotted time. If you do not complete the courses within the two-year time-frame, you will be removed from the course and an “incomplete” will be recorded for you in our records. Also, if you would like to complete the courses after this two-year expiration time, you would need to register and pay the course tuition fee again.
TEXTBOOKS & TAPES/CDs: There is one (1) required textbook for this course.
Luminous Mind: Meditation and Mind Fitness. Joel Levey and Michelle Levey. San Francisco; Conari Press:2006. ISBN-10: 1573242969 ISBN-13: 978-1573242967
Link to Purchase Directly from Amazon: click here
GRADING: You must achieve a passing score of at least 70% to complete this course and receive the 30 hours of awarded continuing education credit. There are no letter grades assigned. You will receive notice of your total % score. Those who score below the minimum of 70% will be contacted by the American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc., and options for completing additional course work to achieve a passing score, will be presented.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is an Approved Provider for Continuing Education by the South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider # 4637. Access information
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals (The Provider) is approved by the California Board of Registered Nurses, Provider number # CEP 15595 for 30 Contact Hours.
This course, which is approved by the Florida State Board Of Nursing (CE Provider # 50-11975) also has the following Board of Nursing Approvals, for 30 contact hours of CE
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the Arkansas Board of Nursing. CE Provider # 50-11975.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the Georgia Board of Nursing. CE Provider # 50-11975.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the South Carolina Board of Nursing. CE Provider # 50-11975.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Professional Registered Nurses. CE Provider # 50-11975.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the New Mexico Board of Nursing. CE Provider # 50-11975.
Course Refund & AIHCP Policies: access here
ONLINE CLASSROOM RESOURCES AND TOOLS
* Examination Access: there is link to take you right to the online examination program where you can print out your examination and work with it. All examinations are formatted as “open book” tests. When you are ready, you can access the exam program at anytime and click in your responses to the questions. Full information is provided in the online classrooms.
* Student Resource Center: there is a link for access to a web page “Student Resource Center.” The Resource Center provides for easy access to all of our policies/procedures and additional information regarding applying for certification. We also have many links to many outside reference sites, such as online libraries that you may freely access.
* Online Evaluation: there is a link in the classroom where you may access the course evaluation. All students completing a course, must, without exception, complete the course evaluation.
* Faculty Access Information: you will have access to your instructor’s online resume/biography, as well as your instructor’s specific contact information.
* Additional Learning Materials: some faculty have prepared additional “readings” and /or brief lecture notes to enhance your experience. All of these are available in the online classrooms.
Upon Completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Review issues of stress reactions and the benefits of meditation for stress reduction.
2. Review and discuss theories of mind development.
3. Understand the use of meditation in all religions and their rituals.
4. Define the core foundations for inner development through meditation.
5. Identify and discuss various skills for inducing quiet of the mind.
6. Review and discuss five (5) categories of meditation techniques.
7. Define and discuss “release phenomena.”
8. Identify thoughts that energize meditation practices.
9. Discuss the five (5) steps for daily meditation practice.
10. Discuss issues related to meditation and spiritual strength.
11. Define, discuss and practice concentration meditation.
12. Discuss issues of “balance” related to concentration meditation.
13. Define, discuss and practice Zen breathing techniques.
14. Discuss and practice the “nine-part” breath.
15. Define, discuss and practice Contemplation meditation practices.
16. Define, discuss and practice techniques of Mindfulness meditation.
17. Review and discuss the benefits of Mindfulness meditation.
18. Describe how “listening” is used in Mindfulness meditation.
19. Review and discuss the use of thoughts and thought patterns in meditation.
20. Understand and discuss the concept of compassionate awareness.
21. Define, discuss and practice Reflective meditation.
22. Define the guidelines for Reflective meditation.
23. Discuss how to practice “true nature” meditation.
24. Define, discuss and practice Creative meditation techniques.
25. Understand the concepts of creative intelligence and imagination.
26. Identify means and exercises to develop creative imagination.
27. Define and discuss “dream Yoga.”
28. Review and discuss “prayers of the heart” meditation.
29. Define, discuss and practice two heart-centered meditation techniques.
30. Discuss issues of energy transformation through meditation practice.
31. Discuss strategies and steps to structuring a regular program of mediation practice.
1. Stress and the stress reaction
2. Developing the mind
3. Tools for inner work
4. Foundations of inner development
5. Integrating active and quiet mind skills
6. The goals of any mediation practice
7. Categories of Meditation techniques
8. Developing skills in meditation practice
9. Release phenomenon
10. Energizing thoughts in meditation practice
11. Steps of daily meditation practices
12. Meditation and spiritual strength
13. Concentration meditation
14. Contemplation and unification
15. Focused centered concentration
16. Balance and concentration development
17. Zen breathing exercises
18. Spiritual contemplative practices
19. Mindfulness meditation practices
20. Benefits of Mindfulness mediation
21. Mindfulness and thought processes
22. Mindfulness and compassionate awareness
23. Practice of deep listening
24. Reflective Meditation practices
25. True nature mediation practices
26. Creative meditation practices
27. Developing creative intelligence and imagination
28. Dream Yoga
29. Heart-centered mediation practices
30. Group meditation practices
31. Structuring and evaluating regular meditation practice