This comprehensive EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) course provides mental health and other health care professionals a full education curriculum for both theories and processes of the Emotional Freedom Technique. This is an intermediate to advanced course. Mental health and health care professionals will review some basic techniques related to EFT and then move on to examine and study intermediate and more advanced techniques and methods for using EFT in their clinical practices with clients. Many types of EFT methods are presented, studied and learned including first client assessments, methods for defining major issues, aspects, and working through to significantly reduce emotional charges and intensities. The Personal Peace Procedure is highlighted as an effective tool for long-standing emotional issues and resolution of major problems and aspects. Mental health and other health care professionals will study and learn additional tapping points that may be used to enhance client outcomes as well as many additional methods that can be used with EFT to provide greater client outcomes and resolution of emotional issues and problems. Major EFT methods are explored, studied and learned for use in clinical EFT practice including the Tearless Trauma Technique, The Movie Technique, The Tell the Story Technique, The Choices Method, Reframing, and many more to provide EFT practitioners will a well- rounded education and a comprehensive set of highly effective, evidence-based methods for quality outcomes in working with their clients. Methods to evaluate the progress of clients are examined. Students will explore methods to assist clients in developing highly effective set-up statements, reminder phrases and methods to assist clients in making positive cognitive shifts in their perceptions. Ethical and legal considerations in EFT practice are explored. Mental health and other health care professionals will explore case studies in the use of EFT and observe effectiveness of its use in facilitating positive outcomes in client treatment and care as a complimentary healing modality. This course utilizes three textbooks as well as instructional videos for viewing to facilitate a comprehensive quality learning experience.
Course Code: EF 510. Contact hours of education = 55. Cost = $ 150.00
pre-requisite for this course: students must have successfully completed the course: EF 500: The Complete EFT Seminar for Professional Development before enrolling in this course.
Target Audience: Nurses, Physicians, Psychologist, Social Work Professionals, Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, Mental Health Specialists, School Counselors, Grief Professionals, Trauma Specialists, Crisis Interventionists, Stress Management Consultants, Energy Health Practitioners, Pastoral Counselors, Meditation Instructors, Health Care Coaches, Hypnotherapists, Rehabilitation Specialists, Substance Abuse Counselors, Holistic Health Practitioners, Chiropractic Physicians.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is an Approved Provider for Continuing Education by the South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider # 4637. Access information
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals (The Provider) is approved by the California Board of Registered Nurses, Provider number # CEP 15595 for 55 Contact Hours.
This course, which is approved by the Florida State Board Of Nursing (CE Provider # 50-11975) also has the following Board of Nursing Approvals, for 55 contact hours of CE
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the Arkansas Board of Nursing. CE Provider # 50-11975.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the Georgia Board of Nursing. CE Provider # 50-11975.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the South Carolina Board of Nursing. CE Provider # 50-11975.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Professional Registered Nurses. CE Provider # 50-11975.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals Inc: is a Rule Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the New Mexico Board of Nursing. CE Provider # 50-11975.
Course Refund & AIHCP Policies: access here
INSTRUCTOR/COURSE AUTHOR: DOMINICK L. FLAREY, PH.D, RN-BC, ANP-BC, EFTMP
Dr. Flarey’s qualifications to instruct and lead this course include:
Certification as a Certified Master EFT Practitioner (Guild of Energists)
Certification as a Positive EFT Practitioner (Guild of Energists)
Certification as a Holistic EFT Practitioner (Holistic Institute)
Certification in Thought Field Therapy, Algo-C (Thought Field Therapy Institute)
Certification in Modern Energy Tapping Professional (Guild of Energists)
A member of The Gary Craig Optimal EFT Course: www.emofree.com
Link to Dr. Flarey’s Resume: access here
TIME FRAME: You are permitted two years from the date of enrollment, to complete this course. There are no other set time-frames, other than the two year allotted time. If you do not complete the courses within the two-year time-frame, you will be removed from the course and an “incomplete” will be recorded for you in our records. Also, if you would like to complete the courses after this two-year expiration time, you would need to register and pay the course tuition fee again.
REQUIRED TEXT BOOKS:
There are Three (3) required Texts for this course:
1. EFT Comprehensive Training Resource- Level 1. Ann Adams & Karin Davidson. Publisher: Energy Psychology Press (August 19, 2011) ISBN-10: 1604150904 ISBN- 13: 978-1604150902
Click to purchase: click
2. EFT Comprehensive Training Resource- Level 2. Ann Adams & Karin Davidson. Publisher: Energy Psychology Press (October 19, 2011)ISBN-10: 1604150971 ISBN-13: 978-1604150971
Click to purchase: click
3. EFT Comprehensive Training Resource- Level 3. Ann Adams & Karin Davidson. Publisher: Energy Psychology Press (May 30, 2015)ISBN-10: 160415098X SBN- 13: 978-1604150988
Click to purchase: click
You are required to order your own copy of the textbooks. Please be sure to order your books as soon as possible so that you can begin your course of study.
Additional Assignments: there are Online Videos that are required for viewing for this course as well. Once enrolled into the course, students are provided with full information regarding Video Viewing and assignments. Videos are NOT required to be purchased.
GRADING: You must achieve a passing score of at least 75% to complete this course and receive the 55 hours of awarded continuing education credit. You will receive notice of your total % score. Those who score below the minimum of 75% will be contacted by the and options for completing additional course work to achieve a passing score, will be presented. A passing score is necessary for health care professionals to receive Board Approved CE approval Certificates.
ONLINE CLASSROOM RESOURCES AND TOOLS
* Examination Access: there is link to take you right to the online examination program where you can print out your examination and work with it. All examinations are formatted as “open book” tests. When you are ready, you can access the exam program at anytime and click in your responses to the questions. Full information is provided in the online classrooms.
* Student Resource Center: there is a link for access to a web page “Student Resource Center.” The Resource Center provides for easy access to all of our policies/procedures and additional information regarding applying for certification. We also have many links to many outside reference sites, such as online libraries that you may freely access.
* Online Evaluation: there is a link in the classroom where you may access the course evaluation. All students completing a course, must, without exception, complete the course evaluation.
* Faculty Access Information: you will have access to your instructor’s online resume/biography, as well as your instructor’s specific contact information.
* Additional Learning Materials: All course handouts are available in the online Video classrooms. All E-Learning Books are available in the classrooms for students to download.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the development and evolution of the Emotional Freedom Technique and Meridian Tapping
- Demonstrate the basic EFT recipe for meridian tapping and the four primary step process that is used in conducting and EFT session
- Discuss how to work with clients to create specific Set-Up Statements
- Explain how to effectively test client results following rounds of EFT Tapping
- Identify and discuss physical responses that mental health professionals will likely encounter in clients when conducting EFT sessions
- Discuss various techniques and methods of EFT that mental health professional and health care professionals use as EFT Practitioners in clinical practice with clients
- Discuss various methods of EFT that are used in clinical practice when working with clients experiencing issues of pain
- Discuss how EFT Practitioners can effectively test and evaluate their clients for the presence of aspects in an EFT session
- Describe a method to use with clients in EFT that is effective for use in clients having issues with cravings/addictions
- Identify and discuss the use of additional meridian tapping points that may be used as a full recipe in EFT and when the use of these points is best indicated for clients
- Discuss nine (9) main blocks to which can result in poor outcomes from an EFT session and how you can assist your clients using EFT to overcome these blocks
- Discuss how to use the Personal Peace Procedure in EFT practice and how you would work with a client in clinical practice to use it to assist the client in coming to resolution of many core issues and aspects
- Discuss the ethical principle of “do no harm” and how it applies to the practice of EFT and how mental health and health care professionals who practice EFT are held to this ethical standard
- List, Identify, and discuss the eight identified additional techniques that you may use or refer clients to, which are similar to or extensions/modifications of EFT, which may assist clients in achieving additional benefits with meridian tapping
- Discuss how to use the Subjective Units of Distress Scale (SUD) to evaluate your client’s intensity levels both pre and post EFT rounds and sessions and how to instruct your clients to self-use this tool in their continued use of EFT
- Identify and discuss two additional testing/evaluation methods that can be used to evaluate client outcomes and EFT effectiveness both pre and post EFT rounds and sessions
- Discuss how to use The Tearless Trauma Technique with a client in an EFT session as well as the benefits to the client
- Explain when you would use the Tearless Trauma Technique with a client in an EFT session as the preferred technique for the client’s greater good and best chances for quality outcomes
- Discuss several effective strategies for dealing effectively with clients who present with extreme emotional intensities
- Discuss how to use the Movie Technique with a client in an EFT session as the preferred technique for the client’s greater good and best changes for quality outcomes
- Discuss effective ways in which the EFT Practitioner can best support any shifts in cognition that that client may experience during or after and EFT session
- Discuss several effective ways that EFT Practitioners can assist their clients in identifying the core issues that are contributing to emotional charges and causing problems/issues in their lives
- Discuss effective ways to assist clients to develop the most effective Set-Up Statements that are directly related to their core issue or issues
- Discuss how EFT Practitioners can best assist their clients to customize their Set-Up Statements for great quality outcomes in their EFT sessions
- Discuss how EFT Practitioners can work with their clients in an EFT session to use effect reframing to allow for greater outcomes for the client
- Discuss how to use the best practices methods when working with clients doing EFT for issues related to PTSD, Phobias, and Physical Health Issues.
- Discuss how the EFT Practitioner can best test the client for “tail-enders” during an EFT session and how to support clients working with these tail-enders
- Discuss how to use the Choices Method with a client in an EFT session including when you would select this method as the best option for a client to enhance quality outcomes
- Identify and discuss the methods that are used by EFT Practitioners to Tap for “Reversals” with clients during EFT sessions.
- Discuss what a Psychological reversal is and how you explain reversals to a client and how to teach clients to Tap to correct reversals
- Discuss several common ethical issues that can arise when working with EFT and energy healing modalities in clinical practice and how you would best address these issues, as well as strategies to take to insure compliance with standards related to these potential issues
- Identify and discuss potential issues that could arise when practicing EFT with special populations such as children, animals or with surrogate EFT/Tapping; including how to effectively deal with such issues and how to develop a plan to address such potential issues in advance for client and practitioner safety and ethical/legal practice
- Identify and discuss the EFT Practitioners need and duty to develop and implement a professional plan for ongoing professional education and development in EFT practice
- Discuss evidence-based effective strategies that EFT Practitioners may incorporate into their EFT practices when EFT does not appear to producing any good outcomes for clients
- Discuss “collar-bone” breathing and how it is done as well as when you would incorporate this method into an EFT session with a client
- Discuss the Apex Effect and how you would as an EFT Practitioner work with a client to assist them in understanding this as a potential experience or outcome of an EFT session
- Discuss the use of Progressive Reframing in working with clients during an EFT session and the benefits to the client when using this method in a session
- Discuss the use of Preframes and the benefits of their use to clients
- Discuss the Constricted Breathing Technique in EFT and how it can be used as a simple, sample and introduction to EFT and as a marketing strategy for an EFT practice
- Identify and discuss the four (4) types of Intuition and how each type can effectively be applied in working with your clients in EFT sessions in order to enhance your work with clients and facilitate better client outcomes
- Discuss the mind-body connection and how it related to clients who are experiencing issues of pain and physical distress; discuss how EFT can be used to assist these clients in achieving reductions in pain intensity while also reducing intensities around emotional issues
- Discuss how EFT can be used effectively to assist clients who are experiencing any type of physical issues and methods that work best in these types of cases
- Discuss evidence-based methods that are effective in using EFT/Tapping to assist client who have experience “trauma” in their lives
- Discuss Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Depression, and other major Mental Health Disorders, along with the most effective methods of EFT to use in these client populations to assist them in reducing symptoms and intensities of their emotional charges
- Discuss the most effective methods that EFT can be used to assist clients in clinical practice who are suffering from allergies
- Explain “Parts” and how EFT practitioners can use the theory of “Parts” to provide an effective method of tapping in select cases
- Discuss issues related to the need for client safety in EFT practice as well as EFT Practitioner self-care
- Discuss the five (5) most important Marketing Strategies that EFT Practitioners may use to start and to grow their practices today
- Discuss the most important ethical and legal issues that EFT Practitioners must address today in modern EFT practice and how to best use prevention strategies to practice both ethically and legally within safe boundaries and within professional standards of practice
- History and Evolution of the Emotional Freedom Technique and Meridian Tapping as a therapeutic modality for complimentary client care in mental health and health care practice
- The Basic EFT Recipe and the Four (4) Step Process for the Emotional Freedom Technique
- Teaching clients to create powerful and effective Set-Up Statements for EFT sessions
- Testing methods for use by mental health professionals and other health care professionals when working with clients to evaluate EFT session effectiveness
- Effective ways that mental health and health care professionals can best evaluate clients’ physical responses to EFT
- Intermediate EFT Methods from evidence-based practices that produce highly effective client outcomes with EFT
- Theories for the most common and effective methods of EFT practice which produce the most highly effect client outcomes
- Highly effective, evidence-based EFT methods that are used in clinical EFT practice for clients experiencing issues of physical pain
- Methods used by EFT Practitioners for testing clients for the presence of “aspects” related to their core emotional issues
- Effective EFT methods used in EFT practice for clients who are struggling with emotional issues centered around cravings and addictions
- The full EFT tapping recipe protocol for use in clients who have some resistances to good outcomes with the basic EFT protocol
- The major blocks experienced by clients and how to assist clients to deal effectively with such blocks using EFT methods and protocols
- The Personal Peace Procedure as an evidence-based protocol for assisting clients to identify and resolved high emotional intensities around core issues and aspects
- The ethical principal of “do no harm” and how to apply it most effectively for safe ethical practice when using EFT
- Additional Meridian Tapping points that may be used in EFT when outcomes for clients are not being achieved
- Additional Meridian Tapping techniques that are extensions of or complimentary to EFT that clients may be referred to for various types of issues where EFT may not be as effective as hoped for
- The Subjective Units of Distress Scale (SUD) and its use with client intensities in EFT practice
- Additional testing methods that EFT Practitioners may use to assess client intensities to emotional charges in clinical practice
- The Tearless Trauma Technique as an effective EFT method for use with clients in EFT practice
- Effective Methods and strategies in EFT for working with clients who experience extreme intensities with emotional charges
- The Movie Technique as an effective EFT method for use with clients in EFT practice
- Methods and strategies for use by EFT Practitioners to support clients experiencing cognitive shifts as outcomes of EFT sessions
- Effective methods used in EFT by EFT Practitioners to assist their clients in identifying core issues causing emotional problems and intensities
- Effective methods that are used by EFT Practitioners to assist their clients in customizing their Set-Up Statements to facilitate great outcomes from sessions
- Effective methods that are used by EFT Practitioners to assist their clients in extending their Set-Up language to facilitate greater outcomes from sessions
- Ways to assist clients to use Reframes effectively to maximize effectiveness of the outcomes they experience with EFT
- Highly effective EFT methods and strategies that are used in EFT when working with clients that are experiencing issues related to PTSD, Phobias, and Physical Issues
- Methods for EFT Practitioners to test and evaluate the use of “tail-enders” with the client
- Psychological Reversals and how EFT Practitioners can work with clients most effectively with them and teach clients about them and do meridian tapping for them
- The most common ethical issues that may be encountered when working with clients using EFT methods as a complimentary care modality
- Working with EFT and special populations and presenting issues
- Issues related to ongoing professional development of the EFT Practitioner
- Collar Bone Breathing as a highly effective method for working with clients with strong reversals and resistance to common EFT methods and procedures
- Variations on the major methods, including Reframes that provide clients with additional EFT tools to increase success in sessions
- Preframes and their use by EFT Practitioners to enhance the overall EFT experience by clients
- The Constricted Breathing Technique in EFT and how to use it as an effective introduction to others as a sample of EFT effectiveness
- The role of intuition by the EFT practitioner in working with clients
- The mind-body connection and how it applied to working with clients in EFT sessions specifically with issues of pain and emotions as well as physical issues and physical and chronic disease states
- How to more effectively use specific methods and techniques in EFT to work with clients experiencing serious traumas, traumatic memories and fears of addressing problems
- Effective EFT methods and strategies for working with clients dealing with PTSD, Depression and other Mental Health Disorders
- Ways that EFT can be effectively used to help clients who experience allergies to substances and foods
- Ways that EFT Practitioners can work with “Parts” theory to better assist clients in situations where such theory would offer the best potential for greater outcomes with EFT
- The most important Marketing Strategies that EFT Practitioners can employ to begin as well as continue to successfully growth their practices
- Issues of patient informed consent and disclaimers for clinical practice
- Issues of Ethics for EFT Practitioners related to patient confidentiality, referrals of patients and boundaries, as well as applicable government guidelines and regulations