The American College of Legal Nurse Consulting offers a full Certification Program for Certification as an Advanced Specialist in Legal Nurse Consulting. This program requires that applicants currently be “certified” in Legal Nurse Consulting by a national certifying body. Those with current status of “certification” in Legal Nurse Consulting are eligible to enter our Online Continuing Education courses in Advanced Legal Nurse Consulting and complete the compliment of courses to qualify for Certification in Advanced Legal Nurse Consulting Practice.
TO ENTER THE PROGRAM:
- The applicant must hold a current state license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- The applicant must be currently “certified” by one of several national certifying bodies, in order to enroll in the courses required for Advanced Certification.
- With the official application for Advanced Status, the applicant must also provide a letter of reference from one client (attorney) attesting to the applicants work product and skills/knowledge, as a legal nurse consultant.
THE ADVANCED PROGRAM
Those qualifying for entry into the program may register for the four online Continuing Education Courses in Advanced Legal Nurse Consulting. Upon successful completion of the four courses, the legal nurse consultant may apply for certification as an Advanced Legal Nurse Consultant and may use the initials “LNC-ACSp. (Advanced Certified Specialist in Legal Nurse Consulting)” after his/her name .
Completion of all four courses is mandatory in order to be conferred the advanced status certification. For information on the required Continuing Education Courses, including registration information and course descriptions, please access Certification Program: Courses and Prices.
Upon conferral of certification at the Advanced level, the certification period is active for four-years.
Certified members may receive Advanced status recertification at the expiration of their four year term by one of the following means:
- Obtaining 50 or more hours of continuing education within the four year period of certification.
- Meet the practice requirements for recertification, access info at this link.
- All online continuing education courses that are provided by the ACLNC, may be taken by those with Advanced status to meet the education requirements for recertification at advanced status. Access CE courses here.
STANDARDS & CODE OF ETHICS
Once a candidate has been officially certified by the ACLNC, the certified member agrees to be abide by the code of ethics for certified Legal Nurse Consultants as well as standards of practice defined and approved by the ACLNC. Click to view Code of Ethics.
The fee schedule for the Advanced status Certification is $ 200.00, plus shipping and handling, for the four-year term of certification.
Candidates who have complete the four (4) online Advanced Legal Nurse Consulting continuing education courses, may submit an application for conferral of certification. Access application at this link.